Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Young Girl's Poem

My Silent Teacher
Lowers her head when I put on the bridle,
She is always going the extra mile.
Telling me what to do without speaking a word,
We unite like part of the herd.
No matter what my instructor thinks of my ride,
She always is holding her head down low filled with pride.
Grooming her coat until it glistens and it shines,
Taking care of her until she dies.
She never gets mad at me no matter the error,
Never over reacting to my fears and my terror.
My silent teacher shows me marvelous things,
Giving me gifts only magic could bring.
My little warrior never taking a break,
Teaching me to ride better as long as it takes!

S. Nelson (c) 2009
Shared with permission from author

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks for posting my poem here Julie, i really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Sierra Nelson